In 1949 Hubert Blount built the Hangar on the farm, a place he’d dreamt of returning to after the Second World War. He flew an Auster and later a Miles Messenger, enjoying the freedom of the skies, taking off over fields and salt marshes.
The building is now exactly as it was then, with huge doors opening towards the sea. Hubert died in the late 1970s, after which his son Tony used the building for farm vehicles and it remained a favourite place for Hubert's grand children and then great grandchildren to meet. In 2020 it was cleared out, trees, roses and shrubs planted around it and the lighting updated inside to create a really welcome hideaway in an already magical spot.
There are three rustic banquet tables inside, each different and seating 8, 10 and 12 people. There is a collection of benches and folding metal chairs for use with the tables and two wide windows overlooking the marsh and the sea, each window has 4 bar stools and a bar shelf. There is one 1970s loo with basin. A butler sink, with minimal work surfaces. An electric Aga, a fridge freezer, and a collection of odd glasses, plates, cutlery, pots and pans. The floors are the original concrete, walls brick and roof corrugated iron.